The Lincoln High School Foundation focuses its efforts to raise private philanthropic funding for these key areas.
FUTURE VISION MENTORING PROGRAM – FUNDS NEEDED: $23,000
- The program’s mission is to inspire and guide students throughout their Lincoln tenure to set and achieve personal and academic goals.
- Two trained community volunteer mentors are paired with 10-12 student mentees to help stress the relevance of education and to prepare them for their post high school life.
- Participants build camaraderie exploring goal setting, study skills, time management, prioritization skills, take field trips, and much more to enrich the students’ educational experience throughout their 4-year high school career.
- In its 23-year history, over 2,200 students have greatly benefitted from this program.
CLASSROOM AND DEPARTMENT GRANTS – FUNDS NEEDED: $40,000
- Classroom grants positively impact the educational experience of ALL students.
- Critically needed funds help to expand student horizons, support innovative ways of teaching, and provide equipment for long lasting use and ongoing projects.
THINKIN’ LINCOLN – FUNDS NEEDED: $3,000
- An innovative and popular public policy contest, students are asked to submit a proposal for a $2,000 grant to help improve the school.
- The top three proposals win prize money and the winning proposal is funded by the Foundation.
EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS – FUNDS NEEDED: $5,000
- These important awards aptly recognize two outstanding educators who demonstrate originality, innovation and dedication to their students, and help the school retain its prized educators.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY GIVING A GENEROUS DONATION TODAY.
How much should you give? While we hesitate to suggest a specific amount, the Foundation relies heavily on many $100, $250 and $500 or more contributions. And of course, we are in need of many $25, $50 and $75 donations too.
Whatever amount you can generously afford to give today will be gratefully appreciated. Also, be assured that your tax-deductible contribution is restricted for use at Lincoln High School only.
HOW CAN I HELP LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL?
- Get involved with the Lincoln High School Foundation.
- Make a generous contribution (checks payable to Lincoln High School Foundation). Visa and MasterCard also accepted.
- Donations are tax deductible.
- Funds are restricted for use at Lincoln High School only.
To learn more about the Donor Legacy Wall, monthly giving options, estate bequest/planned gifts, corporate matching gifts, or becoming a Future Vision Program Mentor, please visit our website: http://www.sjusd.org/lincoln/get-involved /lincoln-foundation/.
SUPPORT LINCOLN THRU AMAZON SMILE
You can also support the Foundation with your Amazon purchases by using Amazon Smile. It costs nothing. Works exactly as regular Amazon except Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to your selected charity. In this case, simply select Lincoln High School Foundation (of San Jose, CA). It’s easy to sign up. Go to: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/77-0381615
Thanks to our customers shopping at smile.amazon.com, AmazonSmile has donated over $100 million to charities around the world! To celebrate, we’re launching our biggest bonus donation to date — 5% for 5 days. From Oct 29 – Nov 2, we’re donating 5%, ten times our usual rate, on all eligible smile.amazon.com purchases. Make sure you choose “Lincoln High School Foundation” to receive the charitable donation from Amazon. Click here for details.
We also invite you to follow us on Facebook <Insert FACEBOOK LOGO>
Lincoln High School Foundation
Lincoln High School Alumni Association